Sunday 13 November 2016

FEATURE: MEMENTO MORE PLEASE (UPDATE)


Two new additions for you this week, as I continue in my quest to revisit every Asian movie in my collection. First up is Ryuhei Kitamura's follow up to breakout hit, Versus. That would be Azumi then, a film I wasn't completely bowled over by first time around. Will it hit the spot all these years down the line? And secondly, The Pang Brothers scored their first big hit with Bangkok Dangerous. Check out the reviews by clicking on the image below.

"There comes a time in every man's life..." Wait, that's not it. Give me a second here. "Every now and then we take stock, look back and..." Nope, that's not it either. "The truth is, no man is an isla..." Forget it. Here are a selection of easy-to-digest reviews of the films that shaped my love of Asian cinema. I'll be updating this feature on a regular ba...

I'll be updating this feature infrequently, but hey, that doesn't mean I don't care. It occurred to me recently that I have a whole room dedicated to Asian cinema and I've only watched most of the films once. Pretty sure I'm not alone in this. So I'm starting from scratch. Going back to the beginning. Maybe, just maybe, learning a few life lessons along the way.

Worst case scenario, I'm watching a lot of mediocre films that seemed like a good idea at the time. That's life I guess. A lot of mediocre moments strung together by the faint whiff of fulfilment. Kind of like a Woody Allen movie if you make it to the end."


No comments:

Post a Comment