I thought I would take this opportunity to remember the good things that happened in 2008. I haven't had a chance to think this through properly but if I can't think of five highlights then rest assured I will make the others up.
5. Going to Barcelona - you meet a girl, you fall for her, you spend three and a half blissful weeks together, she goes back to Australia and you don't see her again until you both decide that going to Barcelona will help you both get over your relationship break-ups eleven years later. Sounds a bit Hollywood perhaps, and the crazy adventure would have been straight in at number one if we got on. Ho hum.
4. Going to Paris - never thought I would like the place, but after being spoilt rotten and spending a mere eighty pounds on the whole trip I have to admit that the city is beautiful, and our pre-valentines meal overlooking the tower was certainly the highlight. It would have been straight in at number one if we were still together. Ho hum.
3. Getting back from Barcelona - thank you easyjet.
2. Kettering Town 2 v 1 Notts County (FA Cup Second Round) - we did the hard part in Nottingham so this came as little surprise. Having said that, two goals in a minute, extended highlights on ITV later that evening and no coppers escorting us to the ground like we were criminals all added up to a great evening.
1. Def Leppard/Whitesnake in Manchester - Not just for nostalgic reasons because the two bands in question were awesome, and reliving some on their brilliance on youtube brings a lump to my throat even now. Great bands, great tunes, great company. Enough said.